Saturday, January 5, 2013

A year of living artfully

 

I am planning on becoming a guerilla artist for a year. I have no political motive, but hopefully my messages will be filled with fun, fancy, love, humor, an self acceptance. Maybe speading positivity will negate any negativity thrown at me, maybe positivity will reproduce and smother mean people in their sleep.

Today I bought supplies: googly eyes, word bubble stickies, thumbtacks, pens, adhesive. Everything I plan to do will be removable, vandlism doesn't jibe with me.

 

 
while I was in the store I left behind two zendalas with positive messages in the bathrooms, and left two stickers on mirrors, one in a bathroom, the other outside. If I can do one thing a day I will have spread 365 plus good thoughts around town.

 

 

 

My other plans are yarn bombing, tear sheets, toy donating, and eye bombing....more on those later!

 

3 comments:

SuziCate said...

This is such a lovely idea! I watched an inspiring movie on Netflix today called The Letter Writer. It's all about spreading positivity...love it!
Happy New Year to you, Kat!

LorenaMorena said...

I love this. At CSULB, we had a guerrilla artist group in our class. My professor encouraged it and would let us leave class to do it on campus.

Maybe an over-30 guerrilla group needs to begin in the OC?

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I thought that it would be cool to teach a community class in the area. It is all arranged in my head, but we will see if i actually put it in motion.