Saturday, September 8, 2012

Zendala , monodala!

First I would love to show you a picture my brother took at a mosque in Oman. He is currently working in Oman as a teacher.

 

I see Zendala potential.

Now, here is my monodala for TheBrightOwl's weekly challenge (button on the side at the top of the page)....I used Feathers or Tagh, I can't really tell the difference, they seem like a variation of one another.

What is the difference between these? Or between Puf and Yincut?

I think I will shade this a bit....

Glad I did that! It looks better, I realized I want a little shader rub thingy( you know, the rolled paper that is shaped like a pencil intended to be used to smear pencil.), and I found the spot I missed in the middle!

Now off to look at your Monodalas!

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

Roy Stauffer said...

I really like the look of your Monodala!

Jay said...

The picture is wonderful...I too see the zentangle potential! And your tangle is just lovely!

Lila Popcheff said...

Beautiful photo of the Mosque and your Zendala is strikingly beautiful!

Didisch said...

Beautiful picture of the mosque. And I agree with the shading. It makes your design really pop out of the paper. You know what I use as rub thing? A cotton swap (the little cosmetic once where you can clean the ears of your children with) works great for me, I have lots of them and once used you can take another clean one.

Anne's tangle blog said...

You made a beautiful Monodala!

Carol said...

Proof that how you see things is dependent upon your interests. Now I see the zentangle, the mandala, the whatever it is. And yes, I definitely like yours with the shading.

Amma said...

Lovely. I agree, the shading makes the whole design stand out!

Blue-bird (a.k.a. Ilse) said...

Great work. The shading gave the finishing touch!

Phoenix Fire said...

Beautiful and I really like the effect of the shadowing! :)

Sue said...

Nice! I like seeing a before and after shading - it really makes a difference

ledenzer said...

A very sweet monodala!