Saturday, February 12, 2011

Poem for Tobin

I will always remember the day you were born
Backwards, bony, and somewhat forlorn.
I will always remember the day you died
I am certain more than half the world cried.
I will always remember the days in between
Days full of hope and days to dream.
Every moment that you grew
every pain you went through
every second of love so true
Because they were filled full of you.
I will always remember you, my son.
The happy you, full of fun.
The sad you, held near my heart
and though we are worlds apart...
You are still in my arms and in my dreams.
and even though the pain is too much it seems,
It means I loved you and still do
And I will always remember you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember too. ((((FairyK)))))

I love you my friend.

Janet

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A mother's love is forever. The mother-child bond is unique and forever too.

Her Mom said...

Tobin is in another happy place, spreading his magic, watching over his loved ones.

SuziCate said...

Beautiful writing. My heart is with you. A mother's love is unlike any other in depth and strength. I know Toby knows he was and is fiercely loved.