Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Kittehs

I'm having issues with my mother.  Yeah- that's not something I ever expected to say- ever- but here I am saying it. 
Lemme digress and backtrack before I explain said issues. 
Cats love me.  They follow me down the street.  They run out of their bushes to be loved by me.  They show up at my doorstep and adopt me.  I am a cat-magnet.  Like catnip to cats.  Cats always love me.  always.

Except the cats my mom chooses.  They are evil.  They aren't even real cats.  They think they are part dog, which might be part of the issue.  Neither of her current cats will snuggle with me.  Neither will let me hold them.  Neither will purr for me. 
One spends her day hiding- I assume it is from me.  Right now she is in the closet of my brother's room because my room is not good enough for her.
The other spends her day creating trouble
Then falling asleep.
but will she fall asleep in my warm squishy welcoming lap?  noooo.  she picks the Christmas tree to sleep in.
OR MY BROTHER'S LAP!
My mom needs to do a better job of picking kittens! how rude

6 comments:

Her Mom said...

You know, Kat, I really didn't want to say anything, but maybe you should look inward . . . actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that YOUR BROTHER sits in the recliner with his legs up and that cozy fleece lap blanket over them, which makes a nice warm nest for Lily. And she only cuddles when she's tired. And then she only cuddles HER WAY. She is CAT!!

Diandra said...

Maybe your mother is like me... I am a dog person, and I tend to choose dogs who are trouble. Much more interesting that way. I'll have to watch myself when choosing the first dog together with the BF, he doesn't know front from back on a dog. (Hint: The backside wags. The front bites.)

(We don't have a dog right now, not enough time. We have two cats, who consider me the tin opener.)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Try pretending you have a severe allergy to cats. They'll be all over you in no time. Cats love people who are allergic to them.

Mara said...

Asleep in the Christmas Tree as opposed to your nice lap? Some cats are just not quite there...

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE cat!! Of *course* she has her own mind, she IS a CAT!!! And of *course* she has quirks...and is enchantingly beautiful as well - she is a SIAMESE!!! Case closed!!


(...And I speak on all of the above from experience!! You should see MY cat, Silvia!!! ;D)

Pallas Renatus said...

In the cat's defense, if I were small enough to climb a Christmas tree and sleep in it fort-style, I totally would =p