Friday, October 8, 2010

Just a quick quip tonight

What I made for dinner..........

It's usually a summer food that my mom used to make- and I didn't take any pictures before I ate it all- But I want to share the recipe...

I have no measurements....

a bag of frozen spinach ( I suppose you could use fresh?) thawed
a can of cream of mushroom soup
ground beef or ground turkey
pita bread

I browned the ground turkey and added some onion flakes, garlic, salt and pepper
then dumped in the spinach- sometimes I need to squeeze the spinach out because it's too wet when it thaws
then added the soup straight from the can- and mixed it all
don't forget to say "boil. boil. toil and trouble" because it's october

put a few slices of cheese or shredded cheese on top if you want

shove into a pita and eat

My kids, sho don't eat spinach, like this with the ground beef.

TTYL!K

1 comment:

Carol said...

That one was easy and popular. Wonder why I haven't made it in the past few years?