Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Hallowe'en and Samhain!

OK- I'll get pictures of the newly dyed bright red hair and halloween costume up soon.  Boyfriend's dad tried to take a picture-
Yeah- blurry as heck and prior to dying hair.  Maybe I'll go get dressed and make boyfriend take a picture of me on the scooter.  I had a had attached to my helmet, but took it off (it made me less aerodynamic).
I wore the outfit to work- with middle schoolers (11-13 yr olds) and they were happy to see teachers in costumes. The special ed kids were way excited!  they almost couldn't work.  I love it.

I'm currently reading "The Big Book of Soul" that I won from Weiser books in Mrs. B's giveaway.  It's about African spirituality and magic(including hoodoo (not voodoo)).  I love it- and I'd love a gazillon more books from them as well.

I bought for pair of glasses (40 bucks total) from Zennioptical.com- including the green and orange ones, and a pair of black and a pair of tortoiseshell. I got my eyes checked and I'm going blinder.  The nice YOUNG doctor lady informed me that because I am getting old of my age, I might notice that I can't see up close either.  Great (we do need a sarcasm font- lets pick one and decide that's what we will use)
Maybe Italics?

Enjoy your day- no matter how you celebrate.  I'll be leaving goodies out for the fairies and my dead.  Though my dead might also eat tomorrow on dia de los muertos.

ttyl!

5 comments:

Witchy Godmother said...

Check out the red hair on you! You look great. Have a wonderful Halloween! Hugs and sparkles - WG

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Samhain blessings to you, K! You red-haired hottie!

Lyn said...

Oh, can't wait to see the hair! Love the blurry photo btw :-)

Wishing you a blessed Samhain to you and yours.

Lyn
x

AlphaBetsy said...

Blessings K!!! I bet you look amazing with red hair. You are a super cute witch in any case.

Her Mom said...

Oooooo, the beginning. My favorite phrase "because of your age. . .". Yep, you'll be hearing that more often over the years. I just wanted to give you the good news :)