Friday, October 15, 2010

award n stuff

Debra at She Who Seeks gave me the Prolific Blogger award- that means I talk a lot.  (grin)  The rules are to also thank the maker of this lovely award- advance booking- isn't it a lovely award?

I'd love to pass it on- but I'd have to pass it to everyone!  Look at my side post with blogs--> almost everyone one of them is someone who blogs just about daily!  If I miss a day, I have to read for hours to catch up!  If you want it- take it, it's pretty- I'm giving it to all of you!  Just link back to advance booing who started it :)


* Hat update- I've started a witch hat out of leopard print material I had here- it's fuzzy and furry, I like it.  I just happen to have leopard print shoes and a belt to match.

I dreamt night before last about my son, Tobin.  The one who died of cancer before he was 3, about 11 years ago....Only, I know these dreams are much more than dreams; they are visits.  Especially since I haven't seen him for about a year, and the veil between our world and the spirit world thins around this time of year (why do you think Halloween or Dia de Los Muertos is in the fall?).  I am always thrilled and saddened after one of his visits.  He is so alive, and I get to hug and kiss him.  I can feel and smell him.  Then I wake, and it's back to living without him.

I worked again today- in another spec ed class.  I was only called idiot a few times.  I was only yelled at twice.  It was a decent day.

It's friday here!  Monday I draw the winner for the pin-up ball, go back to that post and put your name in!  I'm also on Mrs.B's blog on monday for a giveaway.....

Going to finish my homemade hat!  TTYL!
K

6 comments:

Her Mom said...

Congrats on the award. So fun!
Told ya you could make a witch's hat - see I know you're talented.
Did you give Toby a hug for me?

SuziCate said...

Dang, it ate my comment. I'll try again. congrats on your award. Can't wait to see the hat. I know it will be awesome with your accesories. tobin is a beautiful child. I don't think I've ever seen such big bright blue eyes.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You and Tobin share the same beautiful blue eyes!

Sandra said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. But I completely agree with you that the dreams are visits. My father passed away 15 years ago, and whenever I struggle in my life, I have dreams of him. I'm so glad you have those dreams. And you smile and you are sad, yet you continue to spread your spirit. You have touched me.

Witchy Godmother said...

I love the award, it is just so cute and since I, too, am a daily posting I have to slip in onto mine with a link of course. I am so sorry to hear of your loss but visits are so special. - Hugs and sparkles - WG

Lyn said...

Well done on the award! I feel your lose everytime I see the photo of Tobin - I'm so pleased he visits.

Hugs

Lyn