Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tag You're it!

Lyn at Witchblog tagged me today!  I don't always do a saturday blog, but it sounded easy :)
I do enjoy Lyn's blog- you should check her out.
she asks:
1. Why did you start blog­ging? 
I started blogging so the words in my head had somewhere to go besides in my boyfriend's ear and out his other.

2. If you could travel any­where in the world with no restric­tion of costs, where would it be and why?
I want to go to Greece and see the temples, England to tour the henges, and Ireland to just see it. I like the older places and the architecture.  I want to sit in pubs and drink beer and eat food I am unacustomed to.

3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influ­ence on your life? If so, what?
Most of the teachers in my life were influential.  I wanted to be a teacher from an early age.
In college (when I was in my 30's), I took an anthropology class and then a Magic, Witchcraft and religion class- That teacher is a religious student of the Lakota Souix.  His daughter is a witch.  He opened my eyes to all the beauty in world religions, and freed me to choose my own. 


4. If you could spend the day with a famous per­son, who would it be, and what would you do?
Can I have a translator?  I'd dg seeing Michelanglo or DaVinci at work.  If no translator, Having a beer with Ben Franklin would be fun.  I hear he was a party man.

5. Toi­let paper — over or under?
Over.  If you don't loop it over the top, it is so hard to find.  Under hits the wall.

6. Name one thing in your life that you would do over if pos­si­ble.
Nope.  We are a culmination of all our activities and experiences.  If I change one thing, the rest changes as well.  I might not be thrilled with my poverty and current state of affairs now, but I wouldn't change them.

7. Tell about your pets — if any.
I have a step-dogger.  She's cute and huge (husky).  But I am more of a cat person.  I'd love a cat, or a rat, or a gerbil, or a guinea pig.  But mostly a cat or three.  Oh! I have a betta fish,  His name is Oliie.  I can hear him chew his food.

8. Do you live in a small town or a large town?
I live in a big town- but I'd love to live in a small town, especially if I had money.  I could order anything I needed via the web and craft in peace.

The rules for the Blog With Substance award tells you to thank the person who nominated you (done), sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation & experience in 10 words ( voice my opinion and release emotions in a healthy way.) and to nominate 10 blogs to receive the award. I’m going to skip the last bit and pass it on to Mara from Weighty Matters

9 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Toilet paper over of course! I go crazy when someone do it the other way around and I have to struggle to find the freaking thing ;-)

Oh, and I LOVE your reason for blogging! I think you've described many people lol

Her Mom said...

Great responses. Love the "so my words have a place to go . . . ." Congrats on the award - pats on the back are so nice!

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I don't know if she wanted me to do the questions as well- but what the heck. I got tagged with the blog of substance award before- which is really nice- I just hadn't shared it with everyone yet.

Judy said...

Toilet paper under...you have to turn your hand funny to get it when it's over...teehee...

Sandra said...

In your boyfriend's ear and out the other...that's perfect! That's what I'm going to say next time someone asks me why I started blogging!...it's not the truth...I started because I like talking about myself. A lot. But your way sounds better!

Mara said...

Thank you for the tag. I will do my best to give good answers!

Lyn said...

Thought I'd leave the questions up to you - glad you answered tham though!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Always over. John likes under. He also likes me happy so it stays over. :-)

Barb said...

Nice to learn a bit more about you. The more I learn, the more I like!