Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mabon and giving thanks.

Last night we had a full moon.  It was a lovely harvest moon (it's still full right now).  AND it's the first time in 9 years that we've had a full moon on the same night of the autumnal equinox (it happened her at 11:13 last night_ fall is officially here)

In some Pagan traditions, Fall equinox is also called Mabon.  It's traditionally a harvest time, and a time for thanksgiving.  So, in honor of Mabon, I am making a list of things I am thankful for- not in any particular order.

I am thankful for/ blessed to have:
* Great parents who are understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
*Kids I can be proud of
*A boyfriend who is not only a wonderful partner, but is also a fabulous friend
*An Ex who is a good father to our children and a friend to me
*Real and true friends, including my brother (and mom for that matter)
*A Job that I totally love, and the chance that someday I might work full time
*A warm home
*good and plentiful food
*Sunny California weather
* Sunrises and sunsets


*The ability to enjoy nature everyday-
*My degrees and time in college (but not my debt from said time period)
*some clothes that still fit
*My health
*time - time to read, to create, to relax.
*wine, beer, dessert, pumpkin flavored anything
*coffee
*the ability to make my own decisions- democracy, freedom of religion, being a grown up
* marbles, buttons, sock creatures, crayons, clay, paint, glue, i-phones, nooks and e-books for free, new shoes at 5 bucks a pair, pretty eyes, working legs( and the rest of the body for that matter, hands to pet fuzzy animals like kitties and doggies (and guinea pigs and rats and hamsters and horses), the lack of fear of spiders from my Uncle, mint growing in my backyard, basil growing in my house, gnomes in my garden, hugs from kids, snow globes, gum, my stepdogger Noli, my fish Ollie, to have known and loved my son Tobin, candles, magic, crystals, rocks, shiny objects, quilts, pedicures, haircuts, pretty dresses, raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings, a murder of crows that talk to me as I walk, a park across the street full of ducks, picture books made by my mom, chinese food, pasta, pizza
and a million more lovely wonderful little things I could list.............
TTYL! K

4 comments:

Her Mom said...

Oooohhh, I love it. It made me smile with happiness and pride.

AlphaBetsy said...

:) You are truly blessed.

SuziCate said...

Smiles...what a lovely list of thankfulnesses. Truly it is the simple things that bring us joy! Thank you for this post today!

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

ahem- 19 years, not nine! a harvest moon is rarer than a blue moon. Harvest moons occur on the equinox.