Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ABC WEDNESDAY! whoot- brought to you by G

  • I am so ashamed of my mother.  When she blogged the letter G for ABC wednesday she forgot my the most important G in her life- my brother, he son and oldest child, is named Geoffrey.

(love you, mommy)

anyway- Lemme get to my Yiddish words :)

Gavalt-  It's a cry for help! you need to know that it's usually preceeded by oy- as in Oy gavalt!  The cows have escaped again (can you tell I'm reading prairee books?  Ruth Ann Nordin ahs a series of free e-books that are short and entertaining).  My mom says "oofta" which is norwegian and means about the same thing.



Gelt- (money- moolah)you know who is going to make a lot of Gelt?  this girl:
(Jackie Evancho )- I just had to slip her in here because she is freaking amazing!

OK_ along with yiddish theme, here's a nice blogpost on Jewish teachings- really- It's touching and worth reading.

TTYL!

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Does your Mom come from Minnesota by any chance? Lots of Scandahoovian people there! Is her favourite author Garrison Keillor? His stories about the Sons of Norway are one of a kind!

Roger Owen Green said...

That girl IS amazing. Of course, talent does not necessarily mean success; lots of less talented, but more marketing-savvy folks are "stars" these days.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

jay said...

Wow, I've never heard of that little girl but she certainly has one amazing voice! I hope she does well.

Fancy your mother forgetting your brother! That's funny! LOL!

Her Mom said...

Okay. Alright. (recognize them words?) I did, indeed, forget your brother. Well, not really forget him, but I did fail to mention him. Because I was talking about things, not people. You, of course, needed to point that out just in case he didn't think of it, right? Oofta!

I have a long memory. Sometimes.

Jingle said...

super neat.

Paul Wynn said...

That word sounds like "gun!"Im a guy and if I ever used that word for help in public, it's jailtime for me....

Lyn said...

No cuss words this week? What will I teach Tabitha now? ;-)

Great 'Gs' and that little girl is brilliant!

LisaF said...

This little girl is freakin' amazing. There is definitely a disconnect between how she looks and how she sounds.

Sandra said...

That little girl is like a being from another planet, she's mesmerizing!