What is it with Google search? I googled Peggy Hill in Images and there are two pictures of Peggy in pornographic poses!
The reasons I love my job:
* I get a do-over every day. If one day sucks, the next day will be different. Sometimes I get a do-over mid day with two classes. I can actually create a do-over by announcing to the class after a break "this is how we are going to behave differently the rest of the day", or " this is how I messed up earller" (depending on the circumstances.
* I can pick and choose. I'm not too choosy because I like to work. But If I only want to work certain days- I only work those days. If I only like certain grades, I only accept jobs from those. If I need a day off, I take it by either not booking a job for that day or by canceling a job ( another sub will take it in 3 seconds)
*I work some classes repeatedly and the students and teachers know me. My favorite one of these I worked today- it's a preschool class. I just dig those little guys. I get 20 hugs goodbye every time.
* I get other bonuses too besides hugs- I get dandelions, little trinkets or candies, a round of applause, a "you're cool" from a teenybopper, and sometimes PTA gives me delicious mexican food and cookies (like yesterday). Often, the schools will have coffee as well. The school I worked at today always has hot coffee ready when I come in.
*I get home before 4 every day. Some days I am home before noon.
* I pick my attire. No khaki pants and red polos for me! I wear whatever I want (as long as it isn't inappropriate, but no one wants to see ME in inapprpriate clothing anyway (especially me). I like to dress up a bit most of the time. I really love skirts and nice shirts and heels. I also love dresses. But with the ankle, I've been wearing flats. and with the weather and current closet choices, my dresses aren't as dressy and sometimes have capri leggings under them. I still look like a teacher.
* I have a whistle. and I use it.
* It's my job to talk and play with kids,. all day long.
* Every school is under 10 miles away.
*Kids are funny. I laugh and smile often (especially with my little guys)
* I am practically my own boss. I deal only with the kids (who rank under me). I do have to report to the school and teacher, but I am never questioned or second guessed. I am respected (mostly- I don't work highschool :) )