Monday, August 2, 2010

what you should never ask a bird to do...

Never Ask...
a jay to teach you how to sing
a rofous humming bird to teach you how to negotiate peacefully
a magpie to dinner (says mom)
an oriole how to camouflage
a  rooster how to be humble
a duck how to walk gracefully
a Hawk for a vegetarian recipe
a quail about solitude
a cowbird how to raise children
a gull how to speak politely
a roadrunner how to stroll
and an owl "what?"
That's what I have learned from birds this summer- wisdom from my mom's porch

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Don't invite magpies to anything. They're noisy, raucous guests.

inannasstar said...

Love it!

Pixie said...

haha Love this xx

Her Mom said...

Isn't it amazing what you can learn just sitting on a deck, listening and watching? I know now never to do any of those things.

LisaF said...

Great "Front Porch Wisdom." You could start a series of entries on these wisdoms! And, I completely agree with the hummingbird one; they are aggressive, territorial little birds!

Mara said...

I thought orioles were cookies :(

It's hard this English, real hard!

SuziCate said...

sounds like your mom's porch was an awesome, educational, and entertaining place to be!

Nydia said...

lol, loved these! Thanks for your lovely words on my posts, sweetie.

I didn't firget that cool award, I have my 25 things started and saved but need to finish to post it! :oP

Kisses from us.