Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sketchbook update

OK- I've finished the basic writing, penciling, inking, and coloring in parts.  I had to add more to my poem because this book has 74(?) pages.  I then pencilled in the poem, one line to 2 pages.  I realized some of the lines weren't that easy to illustrate- but I bumbled on and finished.  I am now watercoloring the background.  Then I'll add (maybe if I ever get them taken) pictures of me and others as well as things I have torn out of magazines.  I am really interested in the altered art look, and so I want to layer a lot in this sketchbook.

ttyl!K

5 comments:

SuziCate said...

That is sooo cool. I honestly can't draw, at all! I have made a few scrap books though using rubber stamp images, and it was fun! Show off your completed version...I can't wait to see it!

Mara said...

Wow, that looks so cool. I've done some minor drawing (stick people, I am good at stick people), but this looks great!

Her Mom said...

If it can't be done on the computer I probably won't do it these days. "Back in the Day" I was more willing to deal with stuff that needed to be taken out and put away. Not so much now. You're doing well, I'm quite impressed!

AlphaBetsy said...

Looks like it's coming along really well. I wish I was a better drawer, but that is definitely not my talent.

D.Suplicki said...

That looks like it's really coming along! I've only worked on 3 pages so far.

Was your book easy to unbind? Mine is made up of a few individual signatures that are glued together and would be easy to take apart but near impossible to get back together, so I'm working on it 2 pages at a time.