Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm entertaining myself

Summer is almost over.  Thank Goodness.  I have been sleeping in later every day, and unable to go to sleep at night without a darn sleeping pill because I slept in so late.  But the pills make me groggy, so I sleep in again.  I need a reason to wake up early- so I am very glad work will be starting soon.  I need a life ;)

I have been busy though.  Though autumn is not yet in the air, I know that Halloween and Dia De Los Muertos are both creeping closer- I know because of the little countdown thingy right there ->
So I am making ATCs of "Skelly heads" as Lyn calls them.  I like that word; skelly.  Calaveras they are also called.  I've been playing with watercolor pencils and colored pencils. 

Anyone else do ATCs that wants to trade?  I might have to find an ATC trading blog.  or you all will be getting these as Halloween cards.

I've got more in the works:

Then after those, I have to play with the Holiday Gift idea I was thinking about, start a quilt I cut out months ago, and make some toys for an upcoming set of twins from my best friend's family as well as to drop off for unsuspecting people to find.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love the jaunty attire!

Lyn said...

Oh yes, I love your skelly heads. I'll show those to my son - he'll love them. They look like Skullduggery Pleasant.

If you tell me how to make ATCs then I'll trade with you!!

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

ATCs are artist trading cards- they are typically made by hand one of a kind in the size of a playing card- or even on top of a playing card- 3 1/2 by 2 1/2
here's some links- ok one link (my computer is starting to feel the retrograde and won't right click at random times)
http://www.atcsforall.com/

Mara said...

We don't celebrate either in the Netherlands, although Hallowe'en is now getting to become more popular.

Love your skellies!

AlphaBetsy said...

I love Calaveras!!! I would love to swap some ATCs. Whatcha want?

Her Mom said...

Sounds to me like you have things to do. But I could ship you Bailey and Shasta if you need help getting up early.

SuziCate said...

Love your "skelly heads"! You have been busy, busy, busy!