Wednesday, August 4, 2010

C is for....words to insult by

Yay! ABC WEDNESDAY again! If you haven't joined- try it today!

I'm still going with Yiddish words. The Ch is usually pronounded as a "k". This week the first one you definitely know-
CHUTZPA- gall or nerve-
Chiam Yankel (pronounced ki-yam yonkle)- any tom dick or harry- sometimes a fool
Chazzer- a pig- like a piggish person
Chaleriah- ( kal-air-ee-a) bossy mean woman (bitch)
Chalushes- nasueated, nausea

"They sure have a lot of chutzpa! Any Chiam yankel can see that the chazzer and his bride, the chaleriah, deserve each other.  It's enough to make me Chalushes"

12 comments:

Her Mom said...

Especially love that you used the words in a sentence. You beat me this week - but I'm all set to do my post. Any minute now.

inannasstar said...

I LOVE THE YIDDISH!!!

Jingle said...

too funny.

AlphaBetsy said...

Awesome words...very handy.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Men have chutzpah -- women have clitzpah!

LisaF said...

I wish I'd know about the word, Chaleriah! I used to work for one. I could have nicknamed her that and she'd never know what I would have been talking about!

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm going to a wedding this weekend. told the bride not to Tweet the event!

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Jay said...

I love this series! I'm learning new words each week. Let's just hope I don't get them confused with my Italian! LOL!

SuziCate said...

Love it when you do the Yiddish thing!

Magaly Guerrero said...

You made me laugh so loud! You have a way with words lol

Mara said...

I like this. Especially when you use it in a sentence. It makes it more real somehow, although whether I would ever be using any of those words?

Anonymous said...

I never heard chaloshes as meaning that. When we say something is chaloshes, we mean uglier than ugly as in That color looked chaloshes on her."