Monday, July 19, 2010

Yay! I won an award!

I got an award from Lisa F at Peripheral Perceptions.  Here's how Lisa describes herself- and this is one thing that drew me to her blog : "As a kid I was never happy with the 24 crayons box. I was more of a 96 crayon box kid. Still am."

Da rulz:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.


2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!

4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.


I need to amend the pass along to one- really, I hate this part of awards.  I don't know why- maybe it's because I was taught if you don't bring enough gum to class to share with everyone, don't bring any at all.  So, to minimize my distress- I'm either giving it to you all or narrowing it down to one  I gave it to you all before- so one it is. This one is one of my newest reads, and I like her.

so here's my seven

1.  I like people playing with my hair.  Boyfriend run his fingers through it at night which makes me so purry.  My kids played with it yesterday for me:
2. I hate that wrinkles show up so well in pictures.  I'm thinking if I had money I would botox the creases created from squinting and hope the forehead lines go away.  I also wonder where the jowels came from.

3. I like furry creatures- you already know that (did you see a picture of boyfriend?).  I asked my mom to smuggle these gerbils back to California, because you can't get gerbils there and they are cooler than hamsters.  She said No- meanie

4. Speaking of cool- I think my son is the prime example of cool.

You can't see it in this picture- but my mom has one with the sign above the grocery store refridgerator and it says "cool"


5.  I like playing dress up.  That's why my son is wearing a suit to the grocery store.  I like to throw murder mystery parties.  We had one at Grandma's and the part my son was most excited about was shopping for a costume which is always a suit.  My son learned this from me-

6.  I think my daughter is pretty darn cool too.  She kept asking me why people are staring at her- um, she looks like a gorgeous 16 year old (she's 14), is 5 foot 9 inches tall (175.26 cm)- and her eyes glow mint green

7. I want to own a trailer home when I grow up.  Really.

YOU need to grab this award!

TTYL!K

4 comments:

Her Mom said...

Your being here makes it harder to post on separate topics - with separate pictures. So, from now on, please clear your pictures/topics with me. What's that you say?

AlphaBetsy said...

Thank you so much K!!! I am really touched. I am taking the award and sharing the love!!

Barb said...

Hello K, Visiting you from Kathy's Blog since you gave me such detailed info on getting my quartz back from the Fairy Girl who is roaming these CO forests and taking the trinkets I place in the stump for herself. Thanks for your astute suggestions. Luckily, none of my (costume) jewelry has gone missing. PS I love how your hair looks after being played with - I sometimes actually use gel to spike mine like that - very becoming, I think. I see you're a teacher - I am a retired one. Have fun with your Mom.

LisaF said...

Thanks for playin'! And as for #2, learn PhotoShop...instant Botox without the pain.