Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sketchbook Project update

I sat on this porch yesterday   and wrote what I have planned to illustrate in my sketchbook for the sketchbook project . 
My choice for the title for my sketchbook was "It's raining Dogs and Cats"- I liked this because I normally say it the other way around....cats and dogs.

anyhoo- here's what I got down.

They say it's raining dogs and cats
but I can not see any of thats
cuz my rumbly tummy wants some fats
my mind rains food right where I'm ats

The puddles are all made of nacho cheese
swarming with stinky limburger bees
but despite all of my insistent pleas
no one will share tortilla chips with mes

Its billowing gusts in marshmallow skies
tickling trickling from puff pastry pies
but despite all of my desperate cries
no one has crackers or chocolates to buys

Its snowing mounds of tator tots
plopping popping in dipping sauce pots
but despite how ferociously I foughts
no one will give me the tubers they caughts

So I will make myself a healthy stew
nothing fried or really bad for you
its got to be vibrantly loud in hue
oh how I wish I could have my cake, too.

TTYL~ K

5 comments:

Lyn said...

I like your poem and can't wait to see your sketches. I say cats and dogs too - thought that was the 'proper' way. Ho hum!

AlphaBetsy said...

I say Cats and Dogs too. Hmm... I love your poem though. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Her Mom said...

Keep going kid! Is there any significance to the fact that your poem focuses on food?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Someone's got the munchies!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

lovely poem thanks for sharing