Thursday, July 15, 2010

Science is AWEsome.

Ok- this might be a little out there for some of you- or it might just gross you out.  But I found this so interesting, I actually read some of this textbook, without being forced to!  then I wrote it down! These quotes are from "Conceptual Physical Science"  by Hewitt, Suchoki, Hewitt.

"With the exception of hydrogen, all the atoms that occur naturally on Earth, including those in your body, are the products of stars....." "You are made of stardust as is all the matter that surrounds you"

"So, most atoms are ancient, they have existed through imponderable ages, recycling through the universe in inumerable forms, both living and non-living"-----"In this sense, you don't own your atoms that make up your body, you are simply their present caretaker".



"Anyone, anywhere on the Earth inhaling a breath of air takes in numerous atoms that once were a part of you and the reverse is true: you inhale atoms that were once a part of everyone who has ever lived", "We are literally breathing one another".

There's some food for thought>>>>>>
TTYL! K

6 comments:

Diandra said...

And imagine, you're probably inhaling the same air as Hitler. And Gandhi. And all the freaks inbetween.

Gives you a whole new perspective on life.

inannasstar said...

I've heard this before and I find it very comforting to know. It's kinda weird, but I'm a twisted bitch so it definitely speaks to me.

Lyn said...

I've heard about that recently too. Love to ponder on those possibilities and am quite taken with being made from star dust :-)

LisaF said...

I love the idea of being made of stardust! It's fits perfectly with my worldview.

Creative Flair said...

Love That! Such a huge realm to grasp though. I sometimes have trouble explaining it to my boys because it is so complex and I don't understand everything.

Her Mom said...

Ahhh - that explains the sparkling personality thing - stardust!