Friday, July 23, 2010

Pictures from My Mom's

Yeah, I know- I am in a beautiful part of Oregon, so You'd expect lovely pictures like this-
Spring Creek- scene of my Mom's Last blog

But I am going to show you real life here at my mom's house....most of these were taken last year when my kids were here for longer- this year, my son had a real life and a job so they stayed only a few days.


My son got ahold of the camera when bored- look how OLD my ears look!


I like to pretend animals like me- really like me! The bird is only sitting on my hand because 5 minutes prior he had rammed hard into my mom's window and lay unconcious (looking very dead) in my hand for about 3 minutes.  The frog did not turn into a prince.


The kids and their uncle went to town, where they bought new socks and wore them to every store they visited!


My daughter bought a jaw breaker

And this Year:

I found out what a princess my sister-dog really is

and

I might or might not have blown up this stove.  I was using it when it broke.  It won't turn off- and the temp appears to be stuck on "clean".  It costs more to fix it than its actual value.  Mom bought a new one.

....I write as I am in my pj's contemplating a beer and "sarnie' while reading your blogs- TTYL!K

10 comments:

Her Mom said...

The new stove is really neat. And the old one needed it's oven cleaned, so . . . .

Walk in the Woods said...

Sounds like you had a sweet time. I love the cedar by the water ~ very peaceful. :)

Barb said...

Ahhhh - real life - can anything beat it? PS Looks as though your mom isn't angry about the stove.

Leeanna said...

I just set you up with an award hon. I couldn't notify by email cause my email is messed up right now so I need you to wonder yonder to my blog http://canwehaveanewwitchoursmelted.blogspot.com/ and check out the post to get the award.

SuziCate said...

Dang, kissing a frog doesn't work? That was my plan B if A fizzled!!!! Love the sock photo! So you're pleading the 5th on the oven?! A beer sounds great, but what is a "sarnie"?

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

@ Barb- nope! she's not mad- her new stove is prettier and better.

@Leeanna- thatnks! and I gigle everytime I read the title of your blog.

@Suzicate- a sarnie is a sandwich. I am trying out my british english. That frog didn't work- others might. I'll keep kissing.

Creative Flair said...

I love the socks!!

Andy said...

You have great photos and it looks like you also have a very good time!

jay said...

You blew up a stove! Well, not many people can say that. I'd kind of like to blow mine up, sometimes, but it would just be a real pain sorting out the mess! LOL!

Poor bird - I'm glad he recovered!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think the frog didn't turn into a prince because you had him in a death grip! My Gawd!