Monday, July 26, 2010

The dog is hiding in the bathroom

Nothing beats a good old afternoon summer thunderstorm.  OK, a few things are better than it, but I still love *them showers* nonetheless.  One of my sister-dogs agrees with me , the other is hiding in mom's bathroom until the sky stops growling at her.
Yesterday, it looked much the same.  Mom and I took our glass of wine out to the deck and breathed in the wonderful small of fresh rain mixed with nature.  We relaxed in the cool breeze and were quite enjoying the aroma ,until one dog came back from the neighbors having rolled in something possibly dead.  Then the air didn't smell quite as sweet.

I've been feeling a little guilty about my blog posts.  I've had some great ideas to post about- but usually those ideas pop into my head as I am drinking wine on the porch.  I forget them by the time I get into the house, though.  So, you basically get to see my vacation- even if it is quite uneventful.  I realized that I am not alone, though- most of the blogs I am reading have hopped off for a summer trip as well.  I didn't realize blogging was a seasonal sport.
TTYL! K

11 comments:

AlphaBetsy said...

lol... blogging is definitely a seasonal sport. It looks beautiful at your moms. Wow!!

inannasstar said...

I can't even hold a thought in the Summertime....it's just not natural to me.

We sat outside watching a storm come in yesterday, it was so relaxing.

Her Mom said...

There's something about summer - the heat, the sun, the wonderful soothing breezes - that makes one think. . . oh. It makes one not want to think. No thinky, no bloggy.

Diandra said...

Yepp, when the weather is good people tend to do different things. (^v^)

Why not take a notebook with you (I mean the pen and paper kind) for your ideas?

Lyn said...

Summer comes so briefly here in in England you have to grab it while you can. Enjoy your holiday K - it look so beautiful there :-)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I LOVE storms. The mesmerize me! I'm amazed by Nature's power to create and destruct.

When it comes to writing and blogging, I'm like Diandra: I'm always armed with pen and paper or at least a pen, or a phone with note taking capabilities. I get dangerous otherwise. One time, I wrote an entire scene on the inside of my uniform!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hi K! I came over from Magaly's blog. Glad I did!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

I would love to see a storm like you guys experience. In Malta that aint so common :) but in Winter when we have a bit of bad weather, I love smelling the rain, feeling the wind and simply enjoying the moment. Passed by from Magaly's

Barb said...

Don't worry about drinking wine instead of blogging - that's SMART! I have experience with stinky dogs - have fun...

LisaF said...

We had a good old-fashioned thunderstorm yesterday but I was stuck at work. I'd have loved to be enjoying a glass of wine on a porch, listening to the thunder. And wine always makes everything better (she says as she finished her second glass of the night)! Just carry a little notebook around with you and jot down the ideas as they flow! :-D

SuziCate said...

Loely pics! I used to hate thunderstorms, but am really starting to enjoy these summer ones! Seems like a lot of blogs I read have taken the summer off, and several have even quit blogging all together. I'm finding that a lot of people give it up after the one year mark.