Wednesday, June 9, 2010

U is for Unsung

Yay! It's ABC WEDNESDAY again. You think I am going to discuss heroes, huh? Nope. My definition of hero differs from most people's, so I won't go there. I am going to introduce you to two people I don't think get enough recognition in the artistic field. There's probably more I could name, but I am keeping it short for U. (giggle)
The first one is Lyn at Witch Blog. She has gorgeous resin artwork. She's been working on orgonite- but if you don't believe in that or anything witchy- just check out her pieces anyway. They are really pretty in an artful way. Including this UNDULATING wand.

The other is a singer my Ex and I used to follow.  We'd watch him rock his harmonica in the basement of a hotel in Long Beach (CA).  He's folky, like Jacob Dillon but folkier.  The guy has been playing for well over 20 years now and is not signed.  He should be.  I was so thrilled when I found some of his music yesterday.  No really- thrilled!  I think we played his tape until it wore out and I was really missing his music. His name is PETER FAHEY.  He's cool enough to sell his songs for only 77 cents- what have you got to lose?  I recommend Someday and Falling. ( when he produces the song that says "if I had the money, I'd buy you a diamond" that I got engaged to- I recommended that as well. HINT- Pete, if you are reading this :)) Plus, his Unruffled persistance for creating music matches his ruffled hairstyle well. (handsome)
TTYL, K

5 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

I often think about unsung heroes! When there's all the fuss about the Oscars I recall countless bit-players in TV shows who have had no recognition and yet whose acting has astounded me. There's no level playing-field. Nice to meet you.

Lyn said...

Thank you so much, K. I am seriously flattered :)

Roger Owen Green said...

Success in the arts is so much a combo of skill, promotion, the "right look" and dumb luck.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Her Mom said...

Unsung - and heroes - never occurred to me! Points for you. And tomorrow when I have quiet time I'll check Pete out.

LisaF said...

So kind of you to remember those right-brain, unsung...artists! I'm sure they are very appreciative of the shout out. How is recuperation going?