Wednesday, June 2, 2010

T is for Tea

Today is  ABC Wednesday! hosted by Denise, Roger, Barb, Jay, Gattina, Sylvia, Troy.   I had many words for T- Tobin, Tattoos, Tacos, Tarts, and Tea.  I already talked about Tobin, I don't know if you really want to see my belly full o' tattoos, and I have no pictures of tacos or tarts.  So you get tea.

I love tea parties.  When my daughter was little, she and I would frequently go to tea houses.  We'd take the boys to the football game in San Diego and sneak off to tea, or let the boys laze around the house while we went to tea down the street.  I even threw her a tea party for her first and 7th birthdays at home.

I really miss my tea (and coffee) now. I can't figure out how to make a hot cuppa drink and get it to my chair while walking with crutches, so I do without. My brother gets me delicious jasmine tea from China. I love it. I like to make a nice cup of chai at my mommy's house. I have been preparing for when I can drink tea again. My chamomile popped up this year (it neglected to grow when I planted it last Spring).


To make chamomile tea, you dry the flowers (I think you can use them fresh too) and just steep in hot water.  Easy Peasy.  I also hear that ginger tea is good.  You cut a sliver of fresh ginger and drop in hot water.  Let steep for a while to get the flavor. 

Chamomile is good for the disposition and helps you sleep.  Ginger helps nausea and cramps.  I'd love to have a whole bunch of tea recipes and homegrown tea.  I have mint drying now. All I need to do is to be able to walk 5 feet without dumping it on myself!

8 comments:

jay said...

Oh, poor you! I think I have the solution though. Wear an apron with a good deep pocket, and get a mini thermos flask. Make your tea in the flask and pop it and a cup in the apron pocket while you hop to your chair! Oh, and ginger tea with lemon is very, very good!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

suzicate said...

I can't believe you're doing without your tea and coffee:( But I am so impressed that you grow your own chamomile and make your own tea...wow:)

Her Mom said...

Jay has a great suggestion! No way anyone should have to do without their coffee and tea! After all, you signed over your millions of dollar to me, so you should have something to enjoy!

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

lol- is that where my money went? Lend me some to buy a carafe! giggle

LisaF said...

No spill travel cups! Pour the tea, close the lid and limp, hop or crawl without a mess! I love hot tea with honey. My favorite is a chocolate chai tea with skim milk and lots of whipped cream on top.:D Thanks for popping over to my place and leaving a comment. Hope you are healing well.

Roger Owen Green said...

My sister just started selling tea online. She lovers the tea party.

Too bad the term has taken a different feel in US politics.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

arabesque said...

unfortunately we don't have fancy tea parties here. but i do love, love, love tea! ^0^
and i collect fancy and orn8 teapots also.
i usually love teas without flavorings,
i go for all natural tea leaves and my fave would be Jasmine (too!), ceylon, darjeeling and ti-kuan-yin which i found to be the best soothing taste so far. ^0^
love this T post.

Hood Photo Blog said...

I planted chamomile this year too, and the seeds are just starting to sprout! I hope to enjoy some soothing tea later this year :)

Hood Photo Blog