Saturday, June 5, 2010

Green Day

I guess I'm in the mood for green- maybe it's the cast soaking into my brain. 
I made mojitos and broccoli soup. at the same time.

Broccoli Soup:
really good for you!
I browned some garlic in a sauce pan with olive oil
then poured chicken broth in
dumped broccoil and cauliflower in
let boil til soft.
let cool
throw in blender.
You can add cream, but I chose to add cheese for fat.
MMM

Mojitos
I squeezed about a lime into the blender. 
added a couple tsp of sugar
poured in a splash of club soda
fresh mint leaves- I really like peppermint
bacardi
ice
blend and taste.  too bitter?  too much club soda. 

I also like to use frozen lemonade or limeade and water because it makes a nice mix.

*sorry no pictures- my camera was taken by boyfriend and I need to get it back.

4 comments:

Nydia said...

Hmm... Brocolli soup... I love brocolli! This mojito souds good too! Pity my migraine prevents me trying it... sigh...

Kisses from me and the little witch!

k Odell said...

Thank You and Lucas for the kisses!

Her Mom said...

I think I'll pass on the broccoli soup. Roasted broccoli yes, smushed broccoli, no. But the mojitos - I could do that!

Walk in the Woods said...

Sounds good! :D