Monday, June 7, 2010

Face of The Week

I love this meme- Face of the Week at Spacial Peepol. Today she has a gorgeous kitty on hers, so I am going to post a gorgeous kitty on mine! How's that for theme? Maybe we could play stray cat strut on my Ipod and eat fish for dinner. Pass the malt vinegar please.





This is Spike.  I just now realized that she has the same name as the sock creature I posted last week.  The Ex named her though.  When we got her, he was amazed at how much she looked like the kitten he had as a child (the kitten he hid in his closet hoping his mom wouldn't notice- the kitten who ended up being so big and brawny that he would beat up dogs). 
Spike was my baby.  I love her still.  She sadly left when I moved out of the house.  We had an exodus of quite a few animals who ran away when I, their primary caretaker, left.  I would have taken her with me, but I really didn't have a place to stay, and when I ended up here, I knew the dog would eat her. (sad face, sniffle)
She is (I am changing verb tense people, because she' not dead- she just adopted someone else!) the master catcher of lizards. At least once a week one of the kids would scream because a lizard was in a bedroom. Usually tailless and cowering in a corner. Spikey is a giver, what can I say?
When she wasn't catching lizards, she was sleeping behind the ex on top of his recliner, or on my lap.  She also enjoyed sleeping directly on top of my head at night.
Sure, I know she looks a little angry, but she wasn't with me! She's my sassy feisty girl.

Here's her barely tolerating her little sister.  She liked her twin brother Ori for a while, but she's not really a cat's cat.

8 comments:

Michael said...

She has some great stripes. Like the two shot.

Carol said...

Spike is a cute kitty, but I really like the little sister. Sweet pic of two...

Her Mom said...

Have you ever counted how many cats have been part of your life? Spikey is cute, but I agree, the little sister is a sweetheart. Of course kittens, puppies and babies are always irresistible!

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

Billy, Trouble, Brandy, Callie, KC, Charley, Bra (who had Kelly, Zubie, Thomas, and 2 more), Sadie (who had Darcy, Aubrey, and 1 more), Darcy became Macdonald in Texas, Lazer, Kasper, Spike, Ori, Moxi (the cute one in the picture), Utley, Jack Jack, Shenanigan. 17 were pets. I might have missed one or two though- brain mush

Sistertex said...

She does look like a sassy little girl. Her little sister is a real cutie too! Love the photo of the two of them together. Cute little faces...both of them! Thank you so much for sharing them. A great entry for this week's 'Face of the Week'! Thanks so much for participating this week! Greatly appreciated!

jabblog said...

Spike's a great name for a female cat! She's so pretty with those clear markings. Little sister looks as though she might have had longer fur.

suzicate said...

Pretty cat, but how precious is that little sister! Love the tree guys you made your mom...I want my own "Peeping Tom"!

Lyn said...

Oh, K, I want that cat!! I can see why you were sad to leave her - she's gorgeous.l