Wednesday, May 26, 2010

S is for Sushi!

It's S day at ABC wednesdays. So, I get to Showcase my Scrumdilliumptious Sushi. It's not real Sushi, it's made out of rice krispy treats, Silly.




First, gather what you need together-
For Sushi,  I used candy oranges that I squished down (with a rolling pin) to look like Salmon.  I've also seen those Swedish fish used. 
For the rolls, I used some sort of viney candy- Sour Straws(?), I think.
Then for both, to Simulate Seaweed, I used green apple fruit roll ups.

For the Sushi, I made rice krispy treats, pushed them into sushi rice molds, then popped them out.  You could also just form them into a small oval or rectangle and get the same effect.  I placed the Squished candy on top, and wrapped a thin Strip of fruit roll up around it.

For the roll, I lay the rice krispy treat down thinly, cut it into a rectangle, placed the red and green candy in the center, and rolled it up like a jelly roll.  Then I wrapped the fruit roll up around it and sliced it into 1/2" slices.

I added the green decor paper that I found in an asian market to make it look more realistic.  You can also color some frosting a nice wasabi green and dollop that around for effect.

That's my S!

TTYL< K

5 comments:

Lyn said...

I love your sushi - you had me fooled! What a great recipe to freak the kids (my boys would squeal like pigs if they thought they'd be eating raw fish).

BTW, I've nominated you for a blog award :-)

Her Mom said...

This sounds much better to me than the real stuff! Looks very real in the photo though.

Roger Owen Green said...

My wife likes sushi, but I don't.
Maybe we could agree on these.



ROG, ABC Wednesday team

jay said...

Wow - I'm impressed! As someone who's seriously allergic to fish (raw OR cooked!) I was ready to cringe at your post, but now I want to eat your sushi! Yes, me, serious fish allergy person wants to eat SUSHI!!

Fun post! I could make this and freak my sons out. They're very protective of me. LOL!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

suzicate said...

I am impressed! I love sushi and I love rice krispie treats, so what could be better than rice krispie treats that look like sushi?!