Wednesday, May 19, 2010

R is for Random


I have lots of R's for the ABC wednesday post.  I, unlike others (ahem, MOM), will actually post it on Wednesday!

The first R is a ditty that keeps running through my head for the mathematical term : range
It is sung to the tune of 3 blind mice
Mean, median, mode
mean, median, mode
Mean is the one you add and divide
median is the one in the middle of the line
mode is the one you see most the time
Mean median mode.
 I know! Lovely!

The second word would be rest or relaxation.  I think too many people equal that with lazy.  Just because my body does well with nine hours of sleep (sometimes more) doesn't mean I am lazy!  Just because I choose not to fill my time with inane "have to do's" like vacuuming every day, doesn't mean I am lazy! Life is short, and although I sleep a lot of it, I also choose not to rush through the day feeling constricted by have to dos! I like to relax. Don't get me wrong- I love my job- if I could be in the classroom everyday (monday through friday) I would be thrilled.  But I am equally thrilled at going home at five, putting my feet up, and reading a good book.  Or spending a few hours in bed watching a movie.  I am just not aggressive with my time- if you feel you need to be, go to it!  If you feel you need to overwork yourself for the sake of title or money- that's your thing.  I won't ask you to sit next to me and enjoy a margarita- so please don't expect me to wish to conquer the world in a day.

The third word is Randy.  I prefer to refer to him as boyfriend.  For those of you from the UK- yes, his name cracks me up too.  He is a male, so it fits him well.  I'm not going to extoll his virtues here on my blog for all to see ( too mushy).  It speaks for itself that I am with him because obviously, I adore him.
(He's smiling on the inside)

6 comments:

LisaF said...

I would love to sit next to you and enjoy a margarita! Especially if the backdrop is where your photo was taken. I also believe there is a big difference between relaxing and being lazy. Unfortunately, my "have to do's" involve one husband, two daughters, one son-in-law, one granddaughter, two dogs and five cats! All under one roof at the moment. :O So, puleeeeeezzzzeeee, give me a margarita!

LisaF said...

I would love to sit next to you and enjoy a margarita! Especially if the backdrop is where your photo was taken. I also believe there is a big difference between relaxing and being lazy. Unfortunately, my "have to do's" involve one husband, two daughters, one son-in-law, one granddaughter, two dogs and five cats! All under one roof at the moment. :O So, puleeeeeezzzzeeee, give me a margarita!

Her Mom said...

Not enough can be said about the importance of rest and relaxation, and I, for one, am practicing both rigorously (hey, that's an R word too!).

And I had reasons (ha! R) for posting early Tuesday. Dinner plans. You're just jealous!

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

THe background, I believe is Crater lake, or some little lake on the way from Oregon to Reno. All gorgeous property. Jeesh, Lisa! You sesrve a bit of rest! :)

and Yes, mom, I am jealous :)

Lyn said...

You are so right. We can't help but stiffle a giggle at men called Randy (sorry 'bout that). And another thing that cracks us up is 'fanny pack' but we call them 'bum bags' so I guess you get to laugh too ;-)

Roger Owen Green said...

Like the near RHYME.
I'm in favor of relaxation.
The "randy" reference - too funny!

ROG, ABC Wednesday team