Thursday, May 27, 2010

Life is Good Award


Lyn at Witch Blog was sweet enough to nominate me for the Life is good reward.  With the reward, comes a list of questions that I'll see if I can answer. You should check out her site, she has some really neat crafts going on, like orgonite- ever heard of it?

1. Do you believe in reincarnation?
I do.  I don't know if everybody goes through it, but I do believe some people go through it.  My second son, Tobin, was born an "old soul".  My mom even commented on how it looked like he was reading your thoughts when he stared at us as a baby.  He had an old man's sense of humor at 2. 
My first son guards his food when he eats.  He always has.  He was an only child for three years, so it is not like he worried about siblings stealing his food.  I wonder if personality traits like that come from a past life.
I read a book- was it "Audrey Rose"?- early in life that made me really consider reincarnation.  What makes me mad is all the people out there claiming to be someone famous like George Washington or Cleopatra. If reincarnation exists, we have more of a chance to have been someone common, kind of like we have more of a chance now to be an average joe.



2. What is your favourite season and why?
Every Autumn I say "I love this time of year!" The cool breeze, cute sweaters, soups and stews, pumpkin flavored things, and Halloween!
The Every Spring, I say the same thing.  The blooming flowers, chance at a garden, cute sundresses, fresh salads, and Beltane!
I can't decide
3. If you could could time travel, what time would you travel to and where in the world?
I think I'd stay in the now- I feel more comfortable here, though I do like ren faire clothing :).  I want to visit England (all the henges, Avebury, etc), Ireland, Costa Rica, the Galapagos Islands, Greece, and Bermuda.


4. Your favourite place to be?I love my Mommy's house.  Sitting on her deck in the morning with a cup of coffee, or at night with too much wine and a game with the kids and Bro.
I love my boyfriend's arms at night. Snuggling is my favorite hobby.
I love lying in bed on a rainy day in a blanket reading a book.
and lately, I have really enjoyed laughing with the kids and Ex when we go to Dave and Busters or watch a movie.



5. Your favourite element and why?
Ohhh- I cant answer that! It depends on my mood- If I am feeling flighty and anxious, earth (cuz I obviously need it).  If I am needing comfort, water.  If I am feeling stuck, air.  If I am feeling dispassionate, fire.  I like the physical properties of all- the plants of earth, the way the wind blows the grass or a feather around, the power of the ocean, and the dance of fire.  Fire is the one that I least understand but it fascinates me.
( This question is subjective people!- I could also look at the periodic chart and answer one of those- so take it how you read it.  I read it as 4 elements, not counting spirit)



6. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Cat.  I love dogs too- or basically anything living (except cockroaches, ants, silverfish, and mosquitoes). I am the girl who tells a spider that she must go live outside.  But at one time, I cared for 6 cats, and deeply mourn the loss of my favorite (shhhh- don't tell the others) who left when I left the house.


7. Do you remember a particularly mad dream and if you do what was it?
The other night, I dreamt I was teaching, and my shirt and bra kept disappearing.  I tried to redress myself with out anyone noticing, I didn't want to shock the kids nor get fired.  The next night I dreamt I was telling someone about the previous nights dream, and this time all my clothes disappeared.  I was sitting in a large room full of people and I was naked!


8. Favourite food?
Pasta.  cream sauce makes it even better.  Add fresh roasted veggies and I'm in heaven


9. Books or T.V?
Books.  I watch TV when I am too lazy to read or do something creative.  Even then, I feel like I need to be crocheting or sewing at the same time.


10. Star sign?
Libra


I’d like to pass this award with the same questions on to:
Jennie at Imagination Cakes and Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind

If any questions don't interest you, replace them with these:

*If you had a choice to do anything you wanted for a day, what would it be?
*Name 5 things on your "bucket list" that you have not yet accomplished.
*Choose a symbol that represents you best- why?

And Thank You Lyn!

5 comments:

suzicate said...

I was fascinated with the book "Audrey Rose" when I was younger! Congrats on the award, and I just love Carol's blog, too.

Lyn said...

Thanks for answering the questions K - loved reading your answers :-)

If you make it to England consider me your Henge tour guide. Plus as a born and raised Londoner I can get you around town to all the right places ;-)

suzicate said...

On my blog in the morning, I will have an award waiting for you...happy weekend!

K Odell said...

Aw thanks Suzicate! And yes, when I get to England, I will be calling you Lyn, you go to all the cool places :)

cine said...

nice blog. I hope i can taste your delicious recipe. Its my first time to blog. you've got good collections.