Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bridal Shower goodies


Today I (well, not really all today- I did some yesterday and slept til noon today) made Hershey's kiss roses for Megan's bridal shower.  They'd look better if I remembered the leaves, but since I can't just hop on my scooter and pick some up at the local craft store, they'll have to do without.
These are the easiest favors to make! First you glue two kisses together, base to base. I used tacky glue because that is what I had- but you can use a low temp glue gun or even doublestick tape.   Let dry
 Then, shove a 22 guage straight floral wire into the top of one of the kisses- if you just tacky glue them, the wire can go into both.
Next, cut a square of celophane- 5x5 is about good- and place over kisses.  Twist around the kisses and wire so it looks like a bud.  Then using masking or scotch tape, tape the celophane and a little down the wire. 
Finally, using green floral tape, cover the tip of the bottom kiss and down the floral wire.  You can add a leaf to make it look more realistic.  I like to wind the wire around a chopstick or knitting needle if I plan to just lay one on a plate.
Now, I am going to go make a crossword puzzle on the Discovery Education site: http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/
as my teenage daughter writes, TTLY (Talk to you later)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to have to try that out sometime.

Just a fellow crafty lover

-Bonnie

K said...

In a later post, you can see how cute they look. They still need leaves though.

Tricia said...

You made like 20 dz of these for my work christmas party, and they were a big hit!